Friday, September 25, 2009

getting up to speed

i was so good about posting after the last one,
so let me play catch up. This is a different experience
the other day i was thinking about how slow it seems at times and it hit me. when i first came home i couldnt move my left leg on my own. the first day at pt standing up to move it by itself forward just a few inches was a job. moving it to either side, pretty much impossible. This week i did my first leg raises, i'm still needing a fingers worth of support but i've been doing them. two weeks ago i was happy with raising my heal off the floor two inches. its a big change. i'm getting to the home stretch. next week i'm looking at going from two crutches to one. this is week 5, i have to tell you there is something to week 5, its the impatient week i think. the first couple of weeks excepting limitations is ok, right about now this is the time when your just about there, and it is a rough time. i overdid it yesterday and had to cut back on pt a little. i did that last time too. lol, i am a creature of habit. well i'm able to sleep easier and i've only been taking pain pills on occasion. i actually tied both of my shoes this week, even put my socks on. i am a perfectionist so i'm pretty hard on my self, but you know when i see it all written down i'm pretty proud too. when i started back to pt this time. i was really scared. my left wasnt strong at all and the question i had in the back of my head is, " am i ever going to get it back" i didnt tell anyone. i'm supposed to be strong, i begged for both hips to be done close together, i didnt want to show i had any weakness. now i can say it because i can actually see the progress.
i get excited knowing that in a short time the crutches will be gone and i will be walking. strolling, sauntering, gliding, prancing. and doing all of that without thought or pain. life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment