Monday, August 31, 2009

round 2

well i'm really behind but i wanted to catch yall up
i went for the second thr the right this time 2weeks ago
august 22nd. this was supposed to be the better of the two. it surprised the dr and me. turns out part of the cup the holds the long bone in place just wasnt there
that was news to both the dr and i. the top of the long bone wasnt much to speak of either but he had to do extra drilling and positioning to put the cup in. then what i can only think is explained by previous osteotomies my muscle was twisted around my bone. so my os was kind enough to reposition the muscle. The first week after the surgery was pretty intense. it was alot more painful and i'm more restricted this time. I promised my os i would be good so unbelievably i have been . plenty of rest and elevation. my leg this week is not as strong as the other was but all that will take is more exercise. the great thing is these new hips are mine permanently. so i have plenty of time to build the muscle and there is no marathon i have to be ready for. in the next few weeks i know there is going to be a day that i wake up and without medication i realize that its thru. this journey i've been going thru for years now is over and i can just relax because the pain is gone.

There is a side note i just want to let you all know about. i wondered when the day would come and it has. my right hip now just feels like my own. it dosent feel replaced its 10 weeks old today and outside of having to remind myself when i'm standing it feels fantastic. i'v been on the walker since surgery but as it is my good leg right now it is doing fantastic.

that is what this is all about. two big surgeries and two recoveries but at the end of a few weeks i get to feel normal. Thank God. i'll post later

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girl! You have been through so much! I'm so happy for you that you're "on the other side" with both hips but am so sorry you've had to deal with the complications. I'm sending you lots of hugs and warm wishes with your recovery. What a big year this has been for you. It will only get better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jill. i havent been on much. so i just saw this. i'm updating today. lots of new events. i hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete